Registration has closed.
Do you love playing board games? Have you ever wondered about the intersection of tabletop games and Christian formation? Then you should join us for our first ever Theology of Play Conference as we worship, learn, play games, and explore how a theology of play can change the way you see faith, your ministry and Christian formation.
TOPCON! is the Theology of Play Conference, hosted by a partnership between the Office of Christian Formation in the Presbyterian Mission Agency (PCUSA) and Menucha Retreat and Conference Center. The first TOPCON! will be held on November 18th through November 21 at Menucha, located atop of the Columbia River Gorge in Corbett, Oregon (20 minutes outside of Portland). During our time, we will worship, learn from speakers, play lots of games, and explore how a theology of play can change the way you see faith, your ministry and Christian formation.
Want to join us? Follow the “turn order” below to make sure you have a spot at the table.
TURN ORDER (what you need to do to attend)
1. Make sure you’re free and block off your calendar for November 18-21, 2019.
2. Register before October 1 to support our campaign and get $100 registration (for the first 50 paid registrations). Click the big red button above to register!
3. Join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theologyofplaycon/
4. If you’re flying and you need some financial help, apply for a Financial Aid for Service travel scholarship, available to Inquirers, Candidates, and Ministers of Word and Sacrament. You could be awarded a scholarship of up to $500! Awards will be announced on Mondays from September 23 to October 15. To apply go to: https://forms.gle/vtbtG924LFMEgPm56
5. Take a few minutes to learn about our speaker at http://philwalkerharding.com
6. Plan your travel, pack your bags (and your favorite games) and get ready for TOPCON!
Monday, November 18
4:00pm–Pre-Games and Coffee
5:30pm–Welcome to TOPCON!
Tuesday, November 19
7:30pm–Game Design Lab
Wednesday, November 20
7:15pm–TOPCON! Group Photo
7:30pm–Q&A with Phil
Thursday November 21
10:00am–One Last Game