When you come to your conference, here is a suggested list of items that you may wish to bring along. Check with your group leader for additional items.
- Comfortable clothes (layers) – the weather can change quickly in the gorge. It can get breezy! Don’t forget comfortable walking shoes and a jacket.
- Personal toiletries including shampoo, (bar soap is provided) toothbrushes, toothpaste, comb, any medications you may be taking, and hair dryer. (Menucha has a few loaner hair dryers you can request in the office.)
- Camera. We have amazing views!
- Snacks and beverages…every meeting room has a refrigerator, microwave and 24 hour self-service coffee/tea/hot chocolate service available
- Bedding and towels are provided for you at no charge if you are staying in Wright Hall, Creevey, Boyd Hall, Beam House, McCall House or The Hideaway. If you are staying in Ballard or the Barn, please check with your group leader to determine if you should bring your own or place an order with your group leader (at an additional charge). All linens are provided for all Menucha sponsored programs (Transitional Ministry Workshop, Blues in the Gorge, Bluegrass in the Gorge, Dulcimer Festival, Ukulele Band Camp, Spring/Fall Watercolor Workshops, Scrap & Sew, Weekend Workshops for Parents, Grand Getaway, Lectionary Retreat)
- Alarm clock
- Journal or notebook, pen/pencil, and favorite reading material
- Bathing suit and towel for outside pool (open June, July, August only)
- Lawn chair or blanket for outside use when weather permits
- Board games, movies, puzzles (There is no TV reception available on site.)
- Personal sports equipment
- Sunscreen and/or bug repellent
- Ear plugs (just in case!)
- For those groups for which this is appropriate: Laptop (WiFi is available in most buildings)
- For summer months: a personal fan for your room
Please do not bring pets, fireworks, candles, illegal drugs, guns, or weapons of any kind. Menucha is a marijuana-free environment.