Weddings at Menucha
A silver-lining opportunity brought to us by the pandemic!
Menucha (pronounced men-oo-kah) is an amazing setting for a wedding! Whether you hold your ceremony outside overlooking the Columbia River Gorge or inside Wright Hall, our historic manor house, you’ll be in a very special place.
Our private 102-acre site is easy to reach, located just 30 minutes east of Portland, off exit 22 on I-84.
We offer several beautiful outdoor sites and one elegant indoor site for ceremonies. We will only host one full day wedding group per day. Menucha does not provide wedding food service, but we will rent our kitchen for a minimum of 4 hours to a ServSafe certified chef/caterer.
- Genuine, welcoming, and simple. We are stewards of this one-of-a-kind place - the natural environment, the buildings, and the people who come here. We are an open and affirming place, ready to welcome you!
Menucha is not
- Fussy, staged, or high-stress. If you envision a big production type of wedding, we may not be the place for you.
Dates Available (as of March 25 - will be updated monthly)
May 30-31 (Memorial Day Sunday-Monday)
November 26-28 (Thanksgiving weekend)
At this time we are undecided about weddings in February, March, April and May 2021. Call us if interested.
None in June, July, August
September 5 (Labor Day Monday)
Dealing with Covid Concerns
To keep everyone safe, these precautions apply to guests and staff alike. Permitted numbers of guests will be determined by Multnomah County's guidelines.
- Maximum numbers: Menucha is in Multnomah County, Oregon. Currently the county is "Moderate Risk" category (as of March 2021). According to county mandates for outdoor weddings, the maximum number of guests is 150, with suggested limit of one hour. Indoor weddings during "Moderate Risk" times are limited to 10 people. Please note that the count includes wedding party, officiant, guests, photographer, musicians, bartender, etc. (County rules and risk level information chart.)
- Masks: Outside masks are not required (but would be wise) but social distancing in accordance with CDC and state guidelines is required. Those guidelines mean guests are expected to maintain a distance of 6 feet between persons who do not live in the same household. Hugs, handshakes and other usual greetings are discouraged. Masks must be worn when indoors and in the same room with others. Guests will provide their own masks.
- Hygiene: Guests are encouraged to practice good hygiene, especially frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers when hand washing is not available. Menucha will provide ample supplies to keep bathrooms tidy and sanitary.
- Contact Tracing: Before your wedding, you must provide a complete guest list with names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers. We are required to have and keep this information for 60 days should it be needed for contact tracing by the health department. We will not use this list for any other purpose.
Pricing & Packages
Your First Step: Make a Tour Appointment
In order to forge a good, cooperative relationship with each couple, we will not rent our space for a wedding until you (or your designee) have been here in person. Our property is gated and tours are by appointment only.
Contact us to request a tour.
firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest a Tour
We look forward to showing you around this very special place!
Sincere thanks and credit to:
Karen Hawley of Karen J Hawley Photography
Donna Cole of Pearl and Roses Wedding Planning
Melissa Boothe of My Melissa Coordinating and Floral Design
Hope of Hope's Bake Shop
Aaron Courter (reception photos) of Aaron Courter Photography