Get your copy of Menucha’s 2019 Calendar!
Menucha’s 2019 Calendar features outstanding photos from our very first contest (see info below for our 2020 contest). On the cover is our grand prize winner Joe Whittington’s image of one of the ponds in the rock gardens near Wright Hall. Inside you’ll see images of our gorge views eastward and westward, places on the property that are familiar to most everyone, a few secret spots, and some plants and animals, too. Winning photos included in the calendar were submitted by Karen J. Hawley, Nicole Keim, Jeannine Powers, Joey Razzano, Audrey Schindler, Lizann Schultz, Gretchen Stahmer, Joe Whittington, and Nancy Woods.
Give yourself a Menucha moment every day!
Calendars make great holiday gifts. Not only will you give Menucha fans something useful and beautiful, but you’ll also have the satisfaction of helping this very special place at the same time.
This is a 8.5 x 11 inch, 12-month calendar that includes inspirational quotes for each month.
Calendars are $12.50 each + $2.50 shipping. Buy two and we’ll send you a third calendar for FREE!
The 2020 Calendar Photo Contest begins January 15, 2019
Both amateur and professional photographers are invited and encouraged to submit images. Twelve photographs will be selected based on how they convey Menucha’s beauty. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Menucha employees and governing board (Menucha Commission) members. Families of staff, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
Each photograph must be accompanied by a $25.00 entry fee. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. Everyone who enters will receive one free calendar per photo entered. Those whose photos are selected for the calendar will each receive five free calendars. Among the twelve winning photos, one will be named grand prize winner. This person also will receive a night in our Hideaway with breakfast for two. Winners will be announced on or before May 30, 2019.
Judging will be done by a panel of judges chosen by Menucha’s executive director, Spencer Parks. Menucha has the final word in determining which images will be included in the calendar.
How to Enter: Online
Online entries will be accepted between January 15, 2019 – May 1, 2019. Scroll down to the bottom of this webpage to access the online form.
- When naming your photograph for online entry, please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters because other symbols and punctuation might stop the uploading process.
- Please use a SubjectDescription or PhotoTitle followed by an underscore, then your FirstLast name in the file name. Exclude spaces.
- Example: GorgeWithRainbow_ChrisSmith
Mailed entries will not be accepted in our 2020 calendar contest. If you have a printed photo, we suggest you have it professionally scanned and then submit your image electronically.
- Contest opens January 15, 2019. Deadline for online submissions is May 1, 2019.
- Each photo entry requires a $25 fee, an entry form, and a waiver/release form. The number of entries per person is unlimited.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Photographs without the necessary forms, releases and entry fee will not be considered for judging.
- Both color and black & white images are accepted.
- Entries must be taken at Menucha Retreat and Conference Center in Corbett, Oregon. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Menucha will be considered.
- Photos will be judged for visual appeal, artistic quality, and how well they present the beauty of Menucha, which are entirely at the discretion of the panel of judges.
- Photos of Menucha past or present are welcome. Please refrain from taking photos of staff vehicles unless a release is provided by the owner.
- Online submissions can be made at the bottom of this webpage.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
- Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian.
- Selected photos will be cropped for 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size.
- Image Format: Photos should be in either PDF or JPG with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. sRGB or RGB color space (standard). Files larger than 5 MB will not load. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.5 x 11 inches. Menucha reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file. Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling photo, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Include your SubjectDescription_FirstLast name in the file name.
- Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as moon, eagle, person) may not be added.
- Photographs submitted may be used for the 2020 Calendar or future calendar contest promotions.
- All entries become property of Menucha. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “photo by” where practicable.
- Menucha may use submitted photos in print/web publications, and visual presentations that promote Menucha.
- Menucha reserves the right to reject any entries that do not comply with these official rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these official rules and Menucha’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win unless you comply with all requirements in these official rules.
- This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. The contest is not open to employees of Menucha.
Thanks for your interest!